Creating a User Profile
Create a user profile for each individual who will publish models from Revit, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Architecture, or Civil 3D to Assemble, and for users that will work with the web-based Assemble application but will not need to publish models. The Users page is managed from the Administration dashboard.
To create a new user profile for a user from the Administration page
1. Click Add a user.
2. In the Add a user window
- Enter the user's name.
- Enter the user's email address.
- Check the Administrator check box if the user should have administrative privileges. If the Administrator check box is not checked, the user will need to be manually assigned to projects. To learn more about assigning users to projects and user privileges, click here.
3. Click Add and Send Invitation.
4. The user will receive an email notification, allowing access to the Assemble site.
5. The user will sign in to Assemble.
- The first-time user will be directed to an Assemble sign-in page, where the user will be prompted to create a password and complete his/her account setup.
- A user with an existing user profile for Assemble should opt to Sign In, by clicking the blue Sign In link located at the bottom the the sign-in window. Enter the email and password used with your Assemble user profile, and then click Sign in.
6. After signing in, the user will receive a welcome email with access to download and install the add-in for Revit, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Architecture, or Civil 3D.
Changing the Administrator Access for a User
Follow these steps if you need to change a user’s Administrator status.
To change Administrator access
1. On the Users page, click on the user name.
2. In the User’s Profile window, update the Administrator check-box as needed.
3. Click Save.
Deactivating a User Profile
When you deactivate a user account, the user is unable to access the system but the user’s information remains in the system.
To deactivate a user
1. On the Users page, next to the user’s name, click Deactivate.
2. Assemble dims the color of the record. The record will remain accessible should you need to change the user’s profile information or reactivate it.
Activating a User Profile
When you reactivate a user account, the user regains access to the system.
To reactivate a user
1. On the Users page, next to the user’s name, click Activate.