Web Client Requirements
Assemble works with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge (Popped out viewer not supported with Assemble Insight)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (Popped out viewer not supported with Assemble Insight)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Safari Mobile (iPad only)
Internet Explorer and Edge Limitations
Internet Explorer and Assemble Insight
Assemble fully supports IE11 with the exception of the pop-out viewer. The reason we do not support the pop-out viewer in IE is because their current implementation requires us to re-render to the pop-out viewer window versus transfer our geometry from the main app window to the pop-out viewer, which is the way Chrome and Firefox handles the pop-out viewer. We felt the pop-out viewer user experience suffered too much because of this re-render so we have hidden that feature in IE.
It should be noted that while we support IE, the performance of IE is much less desirable than Chrome, but comparable to Firefox. Performance can significantly vary based on a particular model due to the particulars of the geometry, but we've seen Chrome render twice as fast as IE or Firefox in some cases. This is very likely due to variations in the implementation of WebGL, but there could be other factors at play as well. In general, for the best experience, we advise customers to use Chrome.
Internet Explorer versions prior to IE11
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10, you will need to install Google Chrome Frame plug-in, which requires no administration privileges to install; however, Google Chrome Frame is no longer supported with the introduction of IE11.
Viewing Pages in Assemble when Using Internet Explorer
If you are using Internet Explorer to access Assemble within your local network, such as through an intranet, you may discover pages that do not display properly or links that do not work. Turning off Compatibility View may resolve this issue.
To disable Compatibility View
1. Make sure the Menu bar is visible in Internet Explorer. If the Menu bar is not visible, right-click on the Toolbar, and select Menu bar.
2. On the Tools menu, select Compatibility View Settings.
3. Uncheck the Display intranet sites in Compatibility View box. If this box is already unchecked, continue to step 4, and then contact your system administrator about the issues you are having with the browser.
4. Click Close.